People living with HIV in Tayside can access dedicated clinical psychology support.
Clinical Psychology sessions can offer a safe place to express your concerns, to develop new skills to help manage difficult feelings and to work towards living the life you want to live alongside your diagnosis.
What kinds of problems can Clinical Psychologists help with?
- Adjusting to the diagnosis
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Low mood and depression
- Telling others you have HIV
- Taking your tablets
- Changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour
- Relationship difficulties connected with HIV
- Developing coping skills so that you can live well with HIV
Sessions take place on a 1:1 basis.
Referrals can be made by your GP, any member of the HIV team and this service is for those 18 years and over.