Low self-esteem or lacking in confidence?
Always putting yourself down? Or feel like you have no confidence anymore? You’re not alone – many people feel like this sometimes. There are loads of ways to boost your confidence and self-esteem.
If you ARE confident you generally feel comfortable with how you look and feel, you feel good about yourself and think you are able to do lots of things well.
These feelings can fluctuate depending on what is going on in your life, and this is all really normal. Building up your confidence means taking small steps that can lead to a big change and it ican helpif you have some support.
How do I boost my confidence?
- A really good start is to make yourself look confident, walk tall, head held high, when you know you look confident then you are going to feel more confident. Talking to someone new at school may seem scary but the more you do it then the easier it becomes.
- Try to think of one thing you like about yourself, your nice smile, your kind attitude to others. Once you’ve made that start, you can begin to think of more things and create a positive image of yourself.
- Try something new each day, it can be just a small thing like styling your hair differently. Gradually as you do more that takes you out of your comfort zone it will feel easier. By stepping out of your comfort zone you will boost your confidence.
- Music can have a powerful impact on us. Whenever you begin to doubt yourself, try listening to songs that make you feel positive about life and about yourself.
- Look after yourself physically, means you feel better and that can increase your confidence. Eating healthily and getting some physical activity really makes a difference. Try to cut down on eating food like crisps and chocolate and also avoid caffeinated drinks. Choose fresh fruit and veg and drink plenty of water.
- Being kind to others can make us feel good about ourselves, so try and do a kind deed occasionally.
- Take note when things go well and try not to be too hard on yourself. This can be hard if you are used to putting yourself down, try writing down your positive thoughts and this will encourage you to question your negative ones. When you have a negative thought, question it, and ask yourself how true it is and try to replace it with a positive thought.
It may help to think about how you might reassure a friend in the same situation.
Just a few tips to help you on your way, if you want to read more CLICK HERE