What is Nightline
Nightline is a confidential listening and information service run by students, for students. We will listen to you about anything you would like to talk about, without judgement and without telling you what to do. Nothing is too big or too small. Anything you choose to say to Nightline will remain completely confidential and anonymous – you don’t even have to tell us your name.
Our branch of Nightline is based at the University of Dundee.
All of our volunteers are students who have been fully trained. We understand that university life isn’t always straightforward – if you’re feeling low, worried about something or simply need to vent, Nightline is here.
CONTACT US (TERM TIME)
Phone: 01382 381 183 (8pm-8am)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (24/7)
Instant Messaging (8pm-midnight):
What can I contact Nightline about?
Students get in touch for many different reasons. Here is a list of examples of calls we regularly receive:
- “I don’t know how to balance everything going on in my life right now.”
- “I think I might be pregnant.”
- “I don’t get on with my flatmates.”
- “I can’t sleep.”
- “I’m lonely.”
- “Do you know where I can go for financial help?”
- “I can’t keep going.”
- “I feel homesick.”
- “I just need to get my mind off work.”
- “I don’t want to live anymore.”
- “I feel like self-harming.”
- “I am completely overwhelmed.”
- “I don’t enjoy my course and I am failing all my coursework.”
If something matters to you, it matters to us. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.